Moving to a Content Management System: NCTech4Good Presentation and Resources19 Apr 2011
It was a pleasure to present on moving from a static website to a content management system at the 2011 NCTech4Good Conference this past Friday. I had the opportunity to meet lots of great people doing work in the North Carolina nonprofit community. Although I intended to keep my presentation CMS-agnostic, I ended up talking about the many advantages of using Drupal throughout the day.
You can find my presentation and a selection of recommended resources below.
Choosing A Content Management System & WYSIWYG
- Idealware CMS Review
- CMS Matrix
- ATEN’s Article on Markdown
- Drupal Gardens - an alternative to self-hosting
Designing a User-Driven Process
- My Blog Post - Behind the Scenes of the AASHE Redesign
- AASHE’s Project Charter Template
- OptimalSort - Card Sorting Tool
- Card Sorting Analysis Tool
- Feedback Army Usability Testing
- Wireframing Tools - Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio, Photoshop